KODI is free to use media player software that comes in handy to view live stream media content of your favorite shows, music videos and so on, you can also store content on the platform. The stored content can then be viewed across a wide range of operating system and devices. The streaming service was first introduced back in 2002 when it was formerly known as Xbox media player, somewhere in the year 2003 it became an Xbox media center. The name was later changed to its present name KODI in the year 2014. Kodi is a very useful software that allows you to access all kinds of media without charging you a cent. It can run on TV, Laptop, Phone tablets, and other devices. KODI can do the job a streaming platform and live Television can do.
You can record live TV or other content and store it safely in the software, which can be imported later on. It would store all the images, artwork and program information in a library which can also be viewed in form of a slideshow. To do all those things you would need to make use of various backend services such as NextPVR, TVheadend, MythTV and so on.
How Kodi works?
So now that we have established what KODI and what it can do, let’s take a look at how it actually works. KODI works universally on all windows devices and it is also available for iOS, Linux, MacOS and other users. It can even work on your smart TV, Xbox One and more.
The free app does have some limitations attached to it and they are being worked on, so you can be assured that more and more amazing features being added onto the content streaming platform. All you have to do is install the device on any platform that you wish to use to view the content and you can access the data locally or from far without fuss. Just install and use, all your stored data would be available for you.
Latest Features of Kodi:
What makes KODI a prominent choice as compared to its counterpart that is readily available in the market? Let’s jot down all the features, so you can easily understand, why it is one of the better choices in the market.
- It supports all audio and video file formats, allowing to easily run older and newer version of file format with ease.
- KODI can also play slideshows, provide you with a weather forecast and audio visualization.
- It supports a huge range of plugins and you can even stream content from video services like youtube, twitch and so on.
- It supports an army of add-on, with each add-on you can do a lot more with it, like streaming live Television, running emulators.
How to Download Kodi
KODI can be downloaded on a number of devices but the installation process differs from one another based on what platform they are being installed on. We are going to take one process at a time and provide you with a rundown that you can follow through step by step and download it safely.
Download Kodi For Android
Well installing KODI on your Android device is as simple as snatch a candy out of baby’s hand. KODI can be simply installed on your device through google play store, it is not really a tall task.
Well if you are looking to figure out how to stream it from your mobile device onto your tv then we have got two great methods that you can apply and stream it on the go. No need to using it on your small mobile device when you can watch it on the big screen.
First method 1:
Step 1: Install ES file explorer, KODI and LocalCast for Chromecast from the Google Play store on your Android device. Although, you can make use of any file explorer app for this.
Step 2: Open Settings >> Security and turn ON Unknown Sources.
Step 3: Next, you have to download a .xml file named playercorefactory from here.
Step 4: Now open File Explorer >> Settings >> Display Settings and enable Show Hidden Files.Step 5: In the download folder, look for filename ‘playercorefactory,’ and copy it.
Step 6: In file exploer, open Andriod folder >> Data >> org.xbmc.kodi >> files >> .kodi >> userdata folder and paste that copied file here.
Step 7: Now all you have to do is open your KODI app, play any video of your choice, open LocalCast and select Chromecast as the app you wish to use. KODI videos should now stream on your TV.
Note: This method is not recommended, it will render your phone neigh unusable since you are going to be using for streaming. This is a major drain on your battery.
This method is by far the easiest of all for Android users.
Download Kodi For Windows
It is super simple, just punch in the keywords KODI for windows and google should redirect you to a number of websites. Note not all the websites are going to be useful, so you need to careful and choose the right one that can allow you to download the correct files. It is a gamble that you are gonna have to play really careful, be sure to download any unnecessary file in case you mess up. you can download Kodi from below
Download Kodi For iOS
No need of jailbreaking your iOS device, don’t do that it kills the device and takes away all the unique features that it has. We will tell you how you can get KODI without ever needing to Jailbreak your device. There are two main methods that you can use to install KODI on your iOS device.
- Open Safari and head to tweakbox.com install the app. You would see a configuration profile, select install and then select install on the config profile again.
- The app should now be on your home screen, open it close out any ad pop-ups you may encounter.
- Head to the apps under Tweakbox apps and find KODI with the help of the search bar. Install KODI on your device from it.
- Now KODI must be on your home screen but wait, don’t open the app just yet.
- You first have to head to the Settings > General > Profile and Devices Management.
- Click on an enterprise app and select trust, select trust again now KODI should be ready for your use.
Since Tweakbox is a third party app, iOS might tick them off as an uncertified app and this might create problems and the app in itself might not work anymore, if you encountered this issue then don’t lose your hopes we have another method to bypass this problem.
- You would need to make use of Cydia Impactor, which you can easily find on the kodibuddy.com web. Download the app.
- Download the latest Cydia Impactor file along with KODI IPA file for iOS.
- Connect your device with your desktop and close the Itunes app if it pops up.
- Now pull the impactor file and drop the KODI files on top of it,
- Select the device in the drop-down menu and press start.
- Use your Apple login id to sign in and now install the app on your device.
- Now head to Settings > General > Profiles & Devices Management once the installation is done then select trust and the app should now work like a charm.
Download Kodi for Firestick:
Here come the firestick and download process, follow it through step by step and you will have it on your firestick in no time.
- Get a downloader software on your firestick device, because this is what you are going to use to download the app directly from the web.
- Now you have to enable downloading from a third-party source, for this, you are gonna have to disable an important security of firestick because KODI is not available on amazon app store, Head to settings> Device> Developers option> entry apps and make sure it reads on.
- We have disabled a useful security feature so you better find a reliable source, it is advisable to find the official website of KODI so that you do not accidentally download malware on your system.
- Copy the link of KODI download link and paste it on your downloader and being the download by selecting the Best Kodi builds, select the release version because its the newest and the most trusty among the lot.
There you have it KODI is on your firestick device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This is a free app that is useful for you to get anything that you wish to view over any device. It is totally legal, does not violate any copyright act and you can swiftly view your favorite content or television without the need of a cable. KODI can fulfill all your entertainment needs, one handy software that is a must-have on all devices. So go get yourself KODI and view content for free over any OS.